Interns must be available full time - nights, evenings and weekends - during the rehearsal process. Stage management interns have more direct contact with the production process than other interns. Many stage management interns will choose to work in props or administration for some weeks prior to commencement of rehearsals, to gain a broader perspective of the company. Recommended for students who are seriously considering stage management careers.
CLICK HERE FOR THE APPLICATION FORM
Depending on individual production needs responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assist with daily set up of rehearsal space, and in maintaining a clean, productive work environment
- Phone/email/other communications to artists and staff
- Errands in support of the rehearsal process or personnel, including transport of rehearsal props or small set pieces
- Assist stage manager with costume flow charts, scene breakdown tables, etc.
- Photocopy and distribute script and/or rehearsal updates
- Take and/or transcribe rehearsal notes, assist in producing daily rehearsal reports
- Assist as crew or assistant Stage Manager during the run of the production
- Stage management experience at the college level or equivalent
- Exceptional organizational skills required
- Ability to multi-task under pressure
- Competence with Microsoft Word and Excel a plus
- Background in music and/or dance a plus
Due to the flexible hours, and rehearsal locations, stage management interns must own or have access to their own car.
Hours and dates are by arrangement with the resident stage manager. Including some pre-production meetings and preparations, most internships run five to six weeks in length.
Interns are expected to work on large company special events such Opening Night Parties, the annual dinner Auctions, or large patron events.
APPLICANTS SHOULD SUBMIT:
- Application Form
- Cover letter
- Letter of recommendation
Applications are considered as they are received.
Required materials (listed below) should be submitted online or sent to:
P.O. Box 222035
Carmel, CA 93922.
The completed application form
- A cover letter describing your interest in this program
- Your resume
- One or more letters of recommendation from those who have supervised your work
- Writing samples or portfolios are required for some internships
Please review the detailed information for your area of interest
Email and/or telephone inquiries are welcomed.
Call Stephen Moorer, Executive Director at 831-622-0700 x104 or send email to email@example.com