Back by Popular Demand!
Nov 15 - Dec 23, 2018
* Legends of
Dec 29, 2018 - Jan 6, 2019
3 Regional Premieres!
* Billy Elliot the Musical
Tony Award Best Musical!
Jan 31 - Feb 24, 2019
* Disney's Newsies the
Tony Award Winner
June 27 - July 28, 2018
* Chicago the Musical
Tony/Olivier Award Winner
Nov 21, 2019-Dec 23, 2019
* Rock Legends
Dec 31, 2019 - Jan 12, 2020
* Waiting for Godot
Olivier Award: Best Play
May 16 - June 2, 2019
* Pericles, Prince of Tyre Sep. 5 - Sep. 22, 2019
*Beauty & the Beast
Tony/Olivier Award Winner August 8 - Sept. 22, 2019
*Shakespeare in Love
Based on the
Sept. 27 - Oct 13, 2019
*Willy Wonka Jr.
March 22 - April 14 , 2019
SPECIAL EVENTS INTERNSHIP
At PacRep, special events are mounted to celebrate Opening Nights, cultivate future patrons, and provide benefits forcurrent donors. Larger events, such as our annual fundraising galas, require months of preparation and logistical support.
Others can be small receptions for 50 VIPs in the theatre lobby before the show. Interns are included in departmentalmeetings and strategy sessions. This internship is recommended for those interested in event planning in any businesssect or, and for development, fundraising, and project management in the non-profit arts.
|CLICK HERE FOR THE APPLICATION FORM
The special events intern will support the Special Events Committee and the Development staff through event-based donor cultivation, stewardship and fundraising for events such as Board sponsored Cocktail Parties, Donor and Board Receptions, and our two annual fundraising galas. The intern will also support marketing-related events including Opening Night Parties, Promotional Appearances, and the PacRep Speakers’ Bureau. Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Mailings & telephone contacts
- Write copy, edit proofs, track and coordinate advertising
- Maintain inventories for printed material and event supplies
- Communication with vendors, hosts, volunteers and venue staff
- Upkeep of event files and special event database
- Transfer of event materials between event site and storage space
A creative eye, excellent communication skills (writing, phone, and event presentation), detail oriented, ability to work effectively with volunteers, computer savvy in Microsoft Word and Excel (not required), experience in theatre arts a major plus.
Summer interns work full time and for a minimum of 6 weeks. Average schedule is 30 hours weekdays and 10 hours evenings/weekends at the events. Fall/Winter/Spring interns may work part time if desired for a minimum of 12 weeks. Average schedule is 16-20 hours per week plus 10 hours evenings/weekends at the events. Specific scheduling is arranged with the Special Events Committee.
APPLICANTS SHOULD SUBMIT
Applications are considered as they are received.
Required materials (listed below) should be sent to:
P.O. Box 222035
Carmel, CA 93922
- The completed application form
- A cover letter describing your interest in this program
- One or more letters of recommendation from those who have supervised your work
Email and/or telephone inquiries are welcomed. Call Stephen Moorer, Executive Director at 831-622-0700 x104 or send email to email@example.com
- Writing samples or portfolios are required for some internships. Please review the detailed information for your area of interest